Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Drivers that Grind my Gears!!!

Does this sign mean anything to anyone? 
I am so sick of Idaho drivers. You would think that since I have lived my entire life in Idaho that I would be used to people who don't use their turn signals, merge properly on the freeway, and accelerate properly. I have driven through many states and I can honestly say that I've never encountered such terrible driving in any other state.

I first want to give a nasty shout out to all those big rig truckers who think that it is ok to begin passing the person in front of them right when I reach the tail end of their truck. You could have started this process when I was a quarter of a mile behind you! I have almost been killed three times in the last month because of these irresponsible truckers! Just because you're driving a big rig doesn't mean you own all the lanes of the interstate.

Next is all of you who for reasons unknown that don't accelerate properly when getting on the freeway. You do know that those on ramps are made for you to be at the same speed as everyone else when you get to the freeway. If you properly look for openings as you accelerate you will surely find an opening. Getting to the first lane of the interstate at 50MPH is unacceptable when you should already be at speed.

This is a great segment into merging into another lane of traffic. If you are trying to merge into another lane of traffic don't squeeze in between two other cars! It is not safe and a mere inch of room is not going to give anyone time to react if something were to go wrong! You're bound to injure someone and you're the reason insurance rates go up every year!

KEEP THE LEFT MOST LANE ON THE INTERSTATE OPEN FOR PASSING!!!
The state law is KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS not only when you feel like it! You don't own the lane, it's not a direct road to your house and just because you drive a big lifted 4x4 doesn't mean you get left lane privileges.

If you're turning or changing lanes... use the freaking turn signal!!! I love surprises just as much as the next guy but not one that comes from the airbag in my car. Contrary to what most would believe, your signal doesn't need fluid so it can't run out of juice and they make a sweet indicator for when your bulb blows. Ever notice that it's blinking faster than normal? *HINT* that's not from the crack you had this morning!

If you are one of these drivers please go to your local DMV and tell them you're too dumb to have a license to drive and you'd like to forfeit it.

Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE always check twice for motorcycles! There are people I love that ride and they are at your mercy!

Have a horrible driving experience you want to share... Please leave it in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I'm too dumb to have a license but there's nothing you can do about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa Ask Jacque about the time she thought she could drive through a giant rain puddle! As for you! I hope you're driving safely!

      Delete
  2. Haha Idaho DOES have the worst drivers AND car parking people. Double parking is my biggest pet peeve and I see people doing it everywhere I park. How hard is it to take less than 10 seconds to straighten your car out after parking so the person who parks next to you doesnt have to get out of their fucking passenger side door because some idiot. It's so rude, ugh!! Can we just retest Idaho drivers please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Parking is way bad out where my brother lives... Makes me wish we funded giant parking garages and you have to park there and walk to your destination. lol

      Delete