Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Galaxy Gear 2

Today is the day I get to try out my new tech tool... The Galaxy Gear 2

This tool is a pretty cool little device. It has some great features and the potential for the elimination of a cell phone all together. I have only been wearing this device for a few hours at this point and do not consider myself an expert on it at all! The price point for this little guy is $299.99 (ouch) if you live in Idaho you can expect to pay $18 in tax for it. I ordered mine via Verizon Wireless and it was delivered overnight for free. The device is no bigger than the "Boyfriend Watch" my boss makes fun of me for wearing occasionally.

My favorite features so far are:
Heart rate monitor,
Pedometer,
Camera,
Notifications and
Being able to make calls from the device.  

It has many more features and the apps available are limited currently, however I'm sure they will have more later on as this is a semi-new technology.

As for battery life, I have to say I don't know yet at this moment how long one charge will last. I did charge it to 100% overnight as the directions suggested. The screen doesn't stay on the whole time you're wearing the watch. It has a motion sensor that turns on the screen when you raise your arm.

The home screen and background images are all customizable just like a regular Android smartphone along with different settings like display brightness and volume.

The only complaint I have right now is in the band, it is smaller than my regular watch so it is a little snug but not uncomfortable. Most of you little peeps won’t have to worry about that if you choose to purchase this too.

In all I have to say that it is a great buy so far. I am going to test out how far  it will go without my phone present and how accurate it is when I want to find my phone if it gets lost. I will also report later on battery life.

How do you feel about all the new wearable tech coming out? Leave your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment